This humble site houses an archive of news and announcements from Simutronics Corporation's text-based massive multiplayer online roleplaying game GemStone IV. The most recent announcements are on the entry page and a more comprehensive archive can be accessed through the links on the right sidebar. You may also narrow the focus through the various labels on the lower righthand side of this page. Click on the title of each post for the original post in the official GSIV message boards. Keep in mind, however, that if the post had been pushed out of the official boards, the link will take you to the GemStone IV announcements folder.
Obvious exits: play, shop, wiki, maps

There comes a time...

Author: SIMU-GARY
Date: 10/12/2007 2:53:30 PM


Hello my friends,

It is with my deepest regrets that I announce that I am resigning from the Office Staff of Simutronics effective October 31, 2007. The primary reason I have chosen to part ways from the office is to relocate my family closer to my wife's family in Arizona to start the next stage of our lives.

Simutronics, and in particular GemStone III/IV, has been part of my life since January 1996 when I first found the portal into Elanthia and this community. Almost 12 years have passed and I have yet to regret a single day or decision I've made, either as a player or a member of staff.

I have been a member of staff since I was officially hired as GameHost Silvaran back in March of 1999. Prior to my departure, I was the 5th longest tenure member of staff outside of such highly regarded members of staff like SGMs Warden and Isten, as well as, FGMs Andraste and Modrian.

I have never held a single interaction against any of you regardless of how many times we may have agreed or disagreed. It doesn?t matter if it was helping players in GemStone III as a GameHost, handling referrals as a GameMaster, or for the past 6+ years, addressing your Feedback concerns (DragonRealms and GemStone III/IV) as Feedback Coordinator Antavian or Billing Representative Gary.

I plan to stay around and get back into playing the games with more frequency than I did as a staff member and it's possible that I may stay on in a diminished capacity as a GameMaster for GemStone IV, though this is not something I have decided as of yet.

To the friends...No, that isn't quite right. To the family that I've had the honor of sharing these past 11+ years with, I thank you all for your caring and loving support. Whether you are a member of staff (past, present or future) or one of the many players I've enjoyed interacting with throughout the years, you all have had a significant impact in the life of my family.

So, without making this any longer than it needs to be...Thank you and best wishes to you all.

Sincerely,

Simu-Gary
GameHost/Sage/GameMaster Silvaran
Simutronics Feedback Coordinator Antavian

This message was originally posted in Socializing, Farewells and Returns. To discuss the above follow the link below.

http://www.play.net/forums/messages.asp?forum=102&category=13&topic=10&message=2036